Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Would your God do this to you?

I close my eyes and a million memories of where we were begin fluttering back like butterflies caving inward to form a mystery figure and all I can distinguish are your features; your thin lips, those gentle eyes that sparked the innocence of a child, that perfect nose that you wanted to change so badly.

I am brought back to distant recollections of us, one pixel by another; a visual reconstruction of everything that I didn't notice back then and then it gets to us. Our figures draped in a cloak of shadow as I stared into your eyes and I felt them open themselves like giant doors. Along with the gentle tug of your attention that led me in further to every numbered day we spent together as you sat next to me and we watched ships pass and stars move on by and we didn't give a fuck about every little obscure object and creature around us.

Tell me it wasn't a dream because it was picture perfect and I still pray someday I will live another moment in those shoes of a happy person, contented and full of zest and the energy to carry on walking.

I am dying, noticing every last fragment of my darkest fears come to life and I am watching it all come into flesh like the most morbid of nightmares.

No comments: