Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Seemingly so, without cause or deceit.

It'd been a while, since I stopped writing altogether as a whole. No blog entries, no scripts, no stories, no poetry, no song lyrics. A complete hiatus without any reason, any excuse or any form of separatist ideology. I still wish to keep this blog private, like an unknown luxury. So friends and others who have found this address, I urge you to keep this form of internet liason as silent and as unheard of as you would have it be your own little dream and secret flare.

So, I got accepted into Putnam's Film School. The letter came, a day before I left for Tokyo. Almost like a blessing of sorts for my trip to Japan, thrilled and burning to the tip with curiosity and the thirst of a new enviroment. I'd been looking forward to running away to another country for some sort of escape or retreat of sorts but in no way had Tokyo been in my plans. I actually planned a solitary escape to Thailand's beaches or perhaps to the far reaches of Jakarta. Somewhere that I wouldn't be understood, somewhere insatiable in soaking up the pleasures of being unknown, unheard of and never seen before. As a anomaly of sorts yet welcomed with the utmost of cultural respect and the ehtnicity of the land's origin. I wasn't looking for a prescribed holiday in visiting a country to taste it's ethnic wares or to see it's panoramic mountains.

I was simply looking into being placed or picked up by a mouse cursor from my little Singapore and then flung randomly towards another Asian island of no english or tourist guides whatsoever. I wanted to truly be helpless and stranded, for I believe it is only then that you will truly find the most beautiful and courageous of people.

Tokyo was beautiful, slightly sad contributing to the fact of their lost culture. Being Westernised is one thing but searching so hard to be Westernised is another. Out on the streets you could see, groups of teenagers trying to look as American as they could, so hard. Sporting outrageously dark tans from tanning salons, Ipods, wearing Tshirts with english sentences that made no sense whatsoever. It was pretty sad, to see them subjected to the influence of a change so rapid and so ashamed of their traditional roots that a industry this drastic could earn on the biggest rake in's every year.

The women were traitionally beautiful but they seemed to have the ugliest of dental problems everywhere. Nonetheless, the charm of the Japanese girl's shyness still serves. What I found really interesting as well was the refusal of tourist money of any sort in the prostitution houses. There would be no extra charge or any discount for tourists or 'gaijin' as they call it, there would simply be no service of any sort at all. Respectable I must say, for a country that calls themselves the 'Land Of Gods'.

The shopping Nippombamshi must have been it's best for me. Nearly 4km of shopping districts straight down one long stretch of one entrance and one exit(depending on your choice of return, mine being the Shinnimaechi Subway line). The food? Simply spectacular, for serveral days I found myself simply delighted with the thought of having a beef bowl rice with an uncooked egg poured on the top and left to cook with the steaming rice. There are certain outlets that have seats and others that leave you standing as your slurp down hot noddles and rice.

You know the song Unforgetable? I dedicate that to the food and service of Tokyo and Osaka.

So with the topic of explaining more about Japan out of my mind, I only have a couple of issues left inside. August 13th, commencement of semester 1 in the Putnam School Of Film. When my paycheque is coming in and when will the band startoff again.

Questions, that have no answers bear more harm than a thieving murderer armed with a knife.

No comments: