Thursday, June 28, 2007

Tonight, I died a little more inside.

The rustling quietened down to just a slight scratching of surfaces and to the occasional bump of footsteps. They ran silent down to a quiet bend with corners that no one could look into. They ran separately but they came to a complete almost far too coincidental stop together.

He placed his fingers and traced the contours of her face, trembling at every second with the raging anxiety. Her eyes shut, her blood rushing and the cold air getting into her skin. His eyes join hers as he closes them, the dust from the wind like a speckle of trust thrown in the air to be sliced by arrows and forks.

"You have such sad eyes, such sad yet angry eyes. You have lips not calloused, like they've never kissed and a tongue so shy it reminds me of a child and of the way the sun rises in the morning." She whispers into his ear.

"My eyes tell a different story for every time of my life but for now I am as sad and I am angry. I am sad because I know this night will only last today and I am angry because you won't really ever stay. Your kiss is like a sting, that will haunt me for ages. That will scar me for months when you decide to leave, so sow your seeds of devotion and watch me stumble over. Tonight might be the night I'd remember for many more nights to come. Where the mornings are hard to get through but the nights are even harder, when the colours lose their warmth and the wine her taste. Some bonds are never broken and some days are lived forever but tonight a part of me dies along with that kiss."

No comments: